Internal DVD burners

Status
Not open for further replies.

mossy1881

Banned
The ones that are sold for $25 to $35, are any particular brand better than the other? Do you guys recommend one over the other?

Discuss please.

cheers

I have a Samsung, and 2 Lite-On drives (1 is in a different computer). Friend has an Asus one in his computer. I haven't had any problems with mine, and I'm fairly preferable to Lite-On burners, as they've always been good to me. You might want to look into getting a LightScribe burner, as well (will say "LightScribe" in the drive's description), so if you ever decide you want to do LightScribe, you'll already have the feature. LightScribe is also just a few dollars more than a normal burner is, so it's worth the purchase instead of having to upgrade later on.

You can buy special DVD's or CD's that allow you to burn a label into the topsie of the disc, as well as burn media. They have to be LightScribe discs though, because it won't work on just a normal CD or DVD.

Is it just lightscribe software that does it or does the burner have to have the capability to do it cause I already have the lightscribe software?

The burner has to have the capability to do it as well. Hence why I said you should look into getting a LightScribe burner instead of a normal burner to save yourself some cash in the future, if you decided you wanted to do LightScribe things.

I have a 30-something-dollar Lite-on SATA burner. I don't use it a lot, but it's fast and works great when I need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom