Interesting Issue With Older Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADZ

Fully Optimized
I havea 333 (its a smoking machine i tells ya) and it was working fine in one case.

I removed the motherboard from the case along with all the other devices. I am a VERY anal person about removing / installing hardware and I amke sure I have a clean workstation, proper tools, the only thing i didnt do is ground myself.

Well, I have put it in a new case and now it is not working. The LED on the motherboard is not lighting up meaning what it is not detecting any power.

I have tried 2 different PSUs and still no light. I have removed it from its case, it is on my workbench and only has CPU and RAM in it as well as power, and still there is no light.

I have replaced CPU, RAM and PSU. I was VERY carefull when removing the mobo and highly doubt that i had scratched / damaged it in any way.

Does anyone have a suggestion?

You tried turning your header switches around.Did you use the spacer's so the motherboard dosent touch your tower.

Had twin Abit board's while setting them up. I pushed in to hard and flexxed the board .Just a tiny amount but enough to destroy the board.

Why didn't you quit while you were ahead ?
What where you fixin that you thought needed fixin ?
I hope you didn't wash your mbd, yikes.

the case was well...it wasnt a case...it was the chasi of a case, but I had to make the sides of the case out of ducttape. Thought it was time to get a new case....

I didnt flex the board and I was using a combo of the plastic mounts and the gold screws (forget their names) I didnt do it up too tight or anything.

Lemme put it this way. You have replaced almost everything but the mobo. (hint hint nudge nudge

hey im not picking on the man:rolleyes: lol just trying to offer a suggestion:cool:

I am sort of in denial now. but its kind of clear that it is hosed. I just thought i would check to see if someone had any suggestions.

if it works take it apart and find out why - stupid me doing this all the time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom