Intel Pentium Duo 2.6ghz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal

Beta member
im a computer newb when it comes to these new things. I recently got a new computer. It has a processer of Intel Pentium Duo 2.6ghz and i have NO clue what that means. I heard Of Pentiun 3's and 4's and 2's and normal crap models of the past. But is a Duo 2.6ghz powerfull? enough to run a game like World Of Warcraft with no problems and good graphics. So if someone can explain all this to me in simple terms ill be really thankfull because so far the forums ive been on people just didnt know how to quite answer this question

To know how your system would run on World of Warcraft, you would have to give more details....
&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp How much RAM does it have?
&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp What kind of video card?

The Pentium Duo is a laptop CPU.

This isn't a laptop this is a desktops

Intel Pentium Duo aT 2.6ghz with 1 gb of DDR2-Ram an Intel Hyper-Threading Mainboard with a PCI Express Slot, ATIX1300 512mB PCI Express

ok.... do this...

START > RUN > type in 'dxdiag' and hit enter.. there will be a YES / NO pop up box... hit yes. Then another window will open, and there will be a line in there that lists your processor model.

It will run it and that is a nice processor btw, I hear that WoW doesn't take alot of system resources anyways.

yeah i would say he has the Pentium D 805 and some fool has labelled it wrong. if thats the case it won't be very effective for gaming at all, perhaps better with dual core patches but i would say overall not to good. generally for a game to run reasonably on an intel it requires at least a 3.0ghz cpu and given that without patches that will run like a 2.6ghz p4 it won't be brilliant. i'm not sure how well it will do with patches though. it should run WoW fine though.

If you are talking about the intel core duo cpu, then you have a very good cpu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom