Intel P4 3.2GHz 540J LGA775 - Question about chipset compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAVOC

Fully Optimized
I'm building a system for a client and we ordered all of the parts on monday. They arrived today and I was just checking to make sure everything was here.

I noticed on the Intel P4 3.2GHz 540J LGA775 Retail box that it says, "Delivers Digital Excitement with Systems Based on Intel 925X or 915 Express Chipsets." Now, the MOBO that we bought has a 865 Chipset. This might be a stupid question but, "Will there be a compatibility issue with this CPU and the MOBO chipset?" Or is this purely Intel advertising their 925x & 915 Express chipsets?

The MOBO says, "Supports all P4 HT LGA775 Processors."
Please don't flame me... lol

LOL - Yeah Digital Excitement... Nice touch...

Yeah, I didn't think it would be a problem. There is a 540 & 540J. Intel really needs to stop creating 5000 freakin' names for these things.

I know, Intel Stinks - AMD rules... This client isn't into gaming at all. He's more interested in his Digital Photography Video Editing. And recording his stupid TV shows to his HDD. Anyway, thanks for the speedy responce.

Am I the only one who got a bit of a dirty thought when I saw the phrase "digital excitement"? :D

gaara said:
Am I the only one who got a bit of a dirty thought when I saw the phrase "digital excitement"? :D

lol

"I know, Intel Stinks - AMD rules... This client isn't into gaming at all. He's more interested in his Digital Photography Video Editing. And recording his stupid TV shows to his HDD. Anyway, thanks for the speedy responce."

i was thinking of that episode of dave chapelle where these people were chanting "hate! hate! hate!" at this player hater award

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom