Intel L440GX+ server board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mindshadow

Beta member
Hi, I'm new to the forum. Anyways, on to my question.

Recently I acquired an Intel L440GX+ server board because I'm interested in setting up a dual processor system. I'm using dual 550Mhz Slot 1 CPU's. I couldn't afford a server case so I just did a few modifications to a case I had lying around, stuck the board in, plugged everything up, set my WOL jumper to disabled (I didn't have the connectors to support WOL) and I'm good to go, right? Wrong.

What happens is when I turn on the power supply the server will start up on its own in 3 seconds (and the power button doesn't turn it on or off) and then will make 4 beeps. No video displays on the screen. I played with the jumpers a bit and found that when I put it in BMC Upgrade mode it doesn't turn itself on and instead you have to push the power button (also it doesn't beep).

I've also tried putting different processors in there (and was sure to include my terminator for running single processors). I tried a 733Mhz Slot 1 and a 300Mhz Slot 1. Both of them give the same issue with the server powering itself on and no video, but they don't give the four beeps (or even the single POST beep to show that everything's ok).

Anyone have any idea what could be wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom