Intel Chipsets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Him

Fully Optimized
I'm looking for a new motherboard, and cost is a big issue with me. I want an ASUS, with Serial ATA, Dual channel ddr, AGP, skt 478, 800 fsb, you get the idea. A good board to run a Pentium 4 2.4 ghz 533fsb 1mb cache. I want the 800 because I will eventually upgrade my processor. I been looking at the chipsets and stuff, but havent been reading up on them so I dont know really which is better. Right now I have the Intel 875P chipset, but my board sucks so I dont know the fullest extent of the coolness of the chipset. I'm looking at a board right now with the 865PE and I was wondering if that was comporable or not. What is the best chipset out there right now? Intel/VIA wise, on a budget.

Best intel chipset now for socket 478 is the 875P.

Try get the Asus P4C800 E-Delux board its a great board and performce nicely and also has all the fetures that you want.

Neosteve

Last week I bought an ASUS P4P800-X for my P4 Prescott. It's 478, AGP, dual channel RAM, SATA, 800FSB, and the chipset is 865PE I believe. I think it's a very good board, and I reccomend it. Cost me £53 (English pounds).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom