intake/exhaust

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggjoee5790

In Runtime
lol that topic sounds like something from a car forum lol anyway. my case has room for 1 main 80mm fan on the side and 2 on the back. right now i have 1 side and 1 back fan.. both blowing out. i was considering changing one to intake but i thought of a problem. would an intake fan cause dust and other crap in the air to get on my components. my pc is in my basement.. one of the rooms in my basement is having work done so occasionally there will be very small amounts of dust from the cement in the air (very little bit... but some) will the intake cause this stuff to ruin my pc. my basement is really cool so i thought an intake would be a good idea. also do you think adding 1 intake and 1 exhaust as opposed to 2 exhaust will make a big temp difference. oo yea also 1 more thing... will the case fans affect my CPU temp.. or just the case temp?

Make your side intake, and your back exahust. Try to put like a filter on the fan. They make fan filters but why buy one when you can make yuor own :D.

But im like messed up, my back is intake, my side is intake, my top is exahust, my two front at the bottom are exahust, i have one under my optical drives, with a hole in the front of my case at the top as exahust, and my psu is exahust also. lol.

Just make it intake and try to put some kind of covering on it

my dad suggested the filter thing also.. i think ill try that... also i needed to know if this will also affect my CPU temp.

yup, simple law of head dissipation. Heat moves from hot areas to cool areas. The lower you get that case temp, the lower all of your temps will be. Airflow is the best way to cool components before anyone goes grabbing at high-end coolers.

Ryan

dont forget those people who risk it all with water cooling, use Liquid Nitrogen, it wont screw up your components!

oh wait it will hyper freeze them but it wont short it out :p

The_Tobes99 said:
dont forget those people who risk it all with water cooling, use Liquid Nitrogen, it wont screw up your components!

oh wait it will hyper freeze them but it wont short it out :p
lolol liquid nitro.. i have a feeling that wouldnt go to well :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom