inspirion 8200 power

Status
Not open for further replies.

didiee

Beta member
Hi all,

I've read so many things on this, i dont even know where to look
anymore. It's the same problem that many of us had experienced. I have a inspiron 8200 for reasons that i still dont know, it recognizes my 90 watt ac adaptor as a 70 watt adaptor. It runs on batter just fine. However, with the computer thinks that it only gets 70 watt power supply, the battery wont charge. i've heard that it can be fixed by replacing the motherboard, but $600 is just not in my budget right now. I've also read something about replacing the power source.

Here's something else i've found a while ago

"If the laptop works on battery, my guess is that the inline ceramic DC fuse is open. This is a small oblong block be 1/4 inch long, 1/8 inch high and wide, surface mounted very near the AC adapter jack. This can be bypassed with a suitable Picofuse, be 8 amps, soldered across the conductive ends of the existing fuse case. I would only look into this if the warranty is expired. It is an easy fix, be $2 for the replacement fuse, be $10 for silver epoxy if it risky to solder in the area. I've done this on three laptops which are still functioning - only one with the epoxy. I wish I knew the mechanism for the DC overload, one of the laptops had a water spill, the other two are mysteries to me."

1. I would attempt this if there was some sort of more "cookbook" instruction from anyone who has ever attemped the repair.
2. If someone can point out where i actually came across this
posted aritcle, that would be helpful.
3. Or if any of you had good experience with any reliable shop that could fix this for cheap, please let me know.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom