If no AGP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noknowledge

Baseband Member
if your computer doesn't have an AGP slot what are the possible wayz to give it one if there are any...

i've never heard of a AGP adapter, but it wouldn't make sense because PCI runs at 33Mhz and AGP at 66Mhz....so there's no way i think

haha...do you play the latest games now like The upcoming sims 2...I would be forever and it would be so slow with a pci

Get an entire new mobo. Any current mobo that doesn't have an AGP slot is definately behind its times. Heck, we are on the edge of a time when AGP is outdated and PCI-ex is the standard.

I have the same problem with a friends computer. It's a cheap dell dimension 2400. It has a place on the mobo for a AGP slot but, It looks like it was just left off (thank you dell). So I was thinking about this one.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-102-354&depa=1

He dosen't game. Just the ususal internet surfing. But he really dose need some kind of video card, and he's a little limited on funds. Dell sold him the damn thing about 6 months ago and it only came with 128MB of pc2700 ram. How cheap is that.

personally i wudnt get a SE... id stick with a regular 9200 but if he wont really need it for heavy duty stuff and he is on a budget than that is exactly the kind of situation the SE's are built for :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom