IDE or EIDE

Status
Not open for further replies.
i don't know what the differences are either. as far as i can tell IDE/ EIDE/ Ultra IDE are the same thing. they do all use the same 80pin IDE cable. so that is where my confusion lies. maybe a hardware mod can clue us in.

it must have something to do with tranfer speed which is probably porportional to drive capacity, meaning that whichever one of those interface is the better one, that must be for the hard disks that have the bigger capacities and tranfer speeds. here's some more info:

http://www.urban75.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=70286

Ultimately for most purposes, they are the same. But, EIDE is faster than IDE, I know this. Again, ATA version 6 I believe is what most people use now. ATA6 (I think) is commonly referred to as IDE and EIDE because ATA6 is backwards compatable to all. I need to find a sheet on this......

-Mike

Deadguy i've tried to reason with you before. i found out the hard way you are like a rock, you block out everyone's opinions except your own. so i won't bother or presume to waste your time or mine

they label the cables as IDE, but i thought we are talking about IDE devices and pretty much all current optical devices (cd/dvd) use ATAPI EIDE interfaces. for IDE cables there shouldn't be too much confusion as there are only 2 kinds.

maybe i shouldn't have done that, but it seems like every time you're trying to get into a confrontation with someone......maybe i provoked you this time...but i mean, you could maybe chill out just a 'lil bit. :sigh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom