I need some help on buying a new video card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AxL

Beta member
IÂ’m going to be getting a new video card for the Holidays and I need some help on what to get.

Price Range: Nothing more then $300 USD

Use: Gaming, Graphics programs (Bryce, 3d Studio Max, Photoshop etc)

My specs for my computer are

P4 2.0ghz FSB 533mhz
100gb hard drive
512 DDR RAM DDR266 (PC2100)

My current video card is a GeForce 2 GTS 64mb.

If you need any other information, please ask :)

Radeon is at the top of the game between them and geforce right now. So a 9800 series would be about the best.

DONT BUY A NEW VIDEO CARD!!!, PCI EXPRESS SLOTS ARE COMING SOON WHICH MEANS AGP WILL BE OUTDATED!!!
TRUST THE SPFDDDDDDD!!!

AGP is good though :/ what's wrong with AGP? :/ Well...if you're getting AGP for that system, just go for a Radeon 9600Pro, you can get them for 150 bucks if you look hard enough, and 256mb...PCI Express though...I'm going to get a vid card for PCI express when i see it.

Well I actually think u can do better with ur money. You can get the MSI NBOX N5600 Ultra. As the name suggests, its based on the Geforce FX 5600 Ultra chipset, with 128MB of DDR Ram, it did well in benchmarks, has DVI to VGA, TV-out and Video-in ports, and comes with an optical scroll mouse, mouse pad, WinDVD creator plus, Unreal 2 The Awakening, Battlefield 1942, C&C Generals.

Last time I checked it was 215$.

I agree. The 9600 pro is a great card for the money.

The Gigabyte version of the 9600 pro is a bit cheaper than the ATI, but comes with crappy games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom