I need help on Formatting Xp Hdd

Status
Not open for further replies.
why did u started this again, anyway, lemem clear you out,

once you get bootable winXP cd., it'll give you option in start, like, where to install your windows, and in case if it finds a pre-installed windows, which It will, then it'll ask for weather to repair it or clean install. which of course is ur choice. and it'll format your hard drive as wll prior to install O/S Files

got it?

ask anyone, buy from eBay even(called re-installation disk), you'll find cheap, as these re-installation CD's are ike throw aways. I bought 4 WinXP last month, and the disks with them are now throw away for me. as I have used just 1 disk to install on all, giving their own unique ID's.

oh ight so if i get one do i just place it in the cdd and it will give me instructions on what to do next?

I think your ram would not be enough to run win XP.
minimum recommended is 256MB.

didi-- y do u say that?? all u need to run xp is 64mbs minimum, 128 recomended... 256 just to run crap comfortably.... but he may not do vid editing, or play games.

Your forgetting the fact that its SD-RAM^

I'm suprised it hasn't crapped down yet

Anyways if you want to get "Technical" about formatting a disk with out using Win XPs GUI. Go to the DOS prompt and type "format c:" and it'll take care of it then just install windows. Or you can use fdisk. Which ever you like.

Btw Didi - Hes already running XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom