I need the GT for DOOMIII!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NanoWarrior

In Runtime
I just started playing doom iii and my graphics card Lags! I wan't to get the Evga Nvidia geForce 6800 GT becuase it's less expencive and I can overclock it to be more powerful than the nvidia geforce 6800 Ultra....Now does anyone know that if I were to have Doom 3's settings on Ultra High would there be no Low Framesrates what so Ever..?. Also If you might know a good deal for it please send me a link.

I Apprecaitate your help big time!

Thanks

The GeForce 6800 is the best card for Doom 3. My X800 Pro struggles with Doom III at 40FPS at high settings and 2x AA.

NanoWarrior said:
I just started playing doom iii and my graphics card Lags! I wan't to get the Evga Nvidia geForce 6800 GT becuase it's less expencive and I can overclock it to be more powerful than the nvidia geforce 6800 Ultra....Now does anyone know that if I were to have Doom 3's settings on Ultra High would there be no Low Framesrates what so Ever..?. Also If you might know a good deal for it please send me a link.

I Apprecaitate your help big time!

Thanks

Ultra High on Doom is really made for 512 MB video cards , but if you want an alternative now you'll have to get a 6800 GT or Ultra and get 2 GB of system memory , although it isn't that god of a deal since there isn't much of a difference you can tell between Doom's high and ultra high settings .

Re: Re: I need the GT for DOOMIII!!!!

Northbridge said:
Ultra High on Doom is really made for 512 MB video cards , but if you want an alternative now you'll have to get a 6800 GT or Ultra and get 2 GB of system memory , although it isn't that god of a deal since there isn't much of a difference you can tell between Doom's high and ultra high settings .
man your crazy if you had a system with a 3.0P4 or a 3000 64 bit and a nice mobo and a gig of fast memory (which most people have) that card could handle doom 3 EASILY with everything cranked up

Sorry, (because I've done this before).....

Lag is a term used for when the target object or experience is getting behind. In other words, not keeping up with something else. Low framerates mean you are still running the game at full speed but the refresh of each frame is just slow, and not actually lagging behind.

Just thought I'd throw it out there. :D

I read straight from id itself that the Ultra High settings are for hardware that hasn't even been invented yet, so not even the 6800 would be much good.

I read that too but I think there refering to hidden settings

But does anyone know of a site that are in stock in a low price?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom