I Have Had It With This Crap Ati!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You will with your SLI'd 6800U's

I am sorry to hear that, but the 6800GT can beat out the x800 pro's in hl2 i think

Are you sure you have it set up right, my cousin has an X800 and he runs it on high with 2x AA, he gets like 100frames a sec. Also make sure you dont have it at Ultra High, because you need 512mb of VRAM. Only workstation cards have that memory.

HL2 he can play it completely maxed out. It's mainly because Doom3 is more nvidia specific like HL2 is for ATI, although I think the 6800GT would play HL2 better than the X800 plays Doom3

The 6800GT plays HL2 equally and even beats the X800 Pro in some cases. I hate it when people say ATI=HL2 and Nvidia=Doom 3. This is not so. You don't see Nvidia cards stuggling with HL2 like you see $400 ATI cards barely getting by in Doom 3. In fact, most people I know with 6800GTs get much higher on the HL2 stress test than even I do.

Doom 3 runs better on Nvidia's cards. I think a lot of it is to do with 'dont render black bits'

There is a tweak to enable this in ATI cards. I tried it and got no improvement. This makes me so mad because the reason I bought a $400 card to begin with is to avoid performance issues like this.

P.S. If I use CAT-UNINSTALL to uninstall all my ATI drivers, can I still get results if I move to Nvidia without reformatting?

I guess I have it better than some people. However, when you buy an MX, you expect a low budget performing graphics card. When I bought my X800 Pro, I was expecting a kick-arse gaming graphics card ready for Doom 3 and HL2 and then some. As you see from my screenshot, I did not get what I paid for.

Well beedubya - finally got sucked in?? ahah.

Anyways don't worry about HL2, Everything is on high for me, 6X AF and 16x AA (or the other way around I cannot remember). I don't have a program to look at FPS up but there is no problems at all I can see.

As you already know doom3 is a charm with it. And I suggest EBAY, I got mine 350 with doom3 and it was fine no problems all software and stuff as well.

Good luck.

How much do you think I could sell my X800 Pro for? I will probably do it on another forum so I could get more out of it, since they don't know of the horrific experiences I have had with this card and Doom 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom