I hate PNY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an old Ti 4400 that has a missing copasitor and it would still work fine if i had it replaced. I called them and they said to send in the part # and etc.. Well i did and they said they cant replace it because some shit about laws and stuff! Is that true?

uhhh.......I can't say that I would see any manufacturer simply sending a capacitor out to you. I'm sure what they say about the laws is atleast somewhat true....like if they sent it to you and it turns out you got killed by it somehow lol I don't know.....why don't you go to radioshack and get the appropriate capacitor then.....a capacitor just regulates electricity so if you found the same one with the same specs in theory it should work.

How was it missing a capacitor? Did it came like that? Should have kept it and if you have any, ask a good friend who is from electronics to solder the right one back on.

here is an idea, go to your local radio shaq and take the card with you and look for the capacitors on your card, if need be, ask the sales guy(though, i don't know how much help they will be)

If you do, make sure he's not some stupid moron who will tell people that their socket 754 CPU will fit into a socket A mobo...LOLOL.

here is an idea, go to your local radio shaq and take the card
Yeah the new Radio Shaq owned by Shaquille O'neal himself! It's Pimp yo! ....besides I already suggested that :p

Thanx guys, but I doubt they can help me replace a capacitor. The reason its missing is a long story. My uncle dropped it though and we didnt realize it was missing. I think I'll just leave it be then.

ok if you damaged the vga card, then why do you hate the manufacturer? It's not thier fault you (or someone else) dropped the card.

If you still have the capacitor that fell off replacing it is not a hard job. A little patience and some common sense is all you need.

first of all you need to see what the rating is of the capacitor. What is the microfarad rating: a number followed by a "u" symbol usually, and the voltage rating. Grab a hobbyist soldering iron from rat-shack and a bit of solder. Carefully touch the hot iron to the led holes on the card, remove the old leds with a pair of pliers. Then while the solder is hot push one pin in at a time. Some of the newer cards don't even have holes, just contacts. If this is the case you probably can put the original cap back on. You also want to be sure to put the capacitor in the right way. there's a + and - polarity to each cap (unless it's bi-polar, but thats probably not the case). Thats all there is to it.

Guys don't bust angry on the manufacturers if you do something stupid to a product. Physical damage is not something most vendors or manufacturers will cover under warranty.

blue man, he said "My uncle dropped it though and we didnt realize it was missing" so they obviously don't have the capacitor in hand :p My FX5700 card burnt out and I was pissed and bent it in half and I heard it crack but my friends said 'nah dont break it like that, we gotta find a cooler way of breaking it' man....I ripped the heatsinks off the back that go under some capacitors and the main heatsink.....found out about the manufacturer warrenty....super glued the heatsinks that were on the back, back on....put the heatsink and fan back on and sent it back...mind you there was a little black tiny box thing (not a capacitor but something of that sort) that I tried ripping off with needlenose pliars....it left some marks but didn't even move the thing....luckily they didn't notice that cause they sent me a card back lol :p

Mind you it burnt out in July and I just sent it back at the beginning of Sept. Hehehe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom