I am in the market for an LCD (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaara

Fully Optimized
Decided I need more space in my room as I wanna move both my bass, amp, and soon to be guitar in my room so I can jam a bit more comfortably but I need a little more room, plus this CRT is just a bit too old now

I have narrowed down my selection to Samsung monitors as I already own a Samsung LCD and it has been a fairly nice LCD IMO and they have fairly decent prices

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=17776&vpn=LS19HABTSQ/XAA&manufacture=Samsung
http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=17715&vpn=LS19HADKBE/XAA&manufacture=Samsung
http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=17814&vpn=LS17HABTBV/XAA&manufacture=Samsung

I'm leaning more towards the 17" as I don't really wanna spend too much money as I need cash for a guitar as well, and I don't need the absolute biggest considering this room is small. The only reason I'll consider the 19" is if you guys think they'd be more appropriate for watching video and crap. I would prefer the HAS models for the adjustable stands and crap and I think that 8ms is fine, but I'm willing to hear why the 2ms BF is a better option. I am willing to hear if 700:1 would be better than 600:1, but I really don't think it will be

I would recommend the second one, if you're doing major gaming.

Otherwise, i recommend the first one, it's cheaper. But 8MS won't handle games as good as 2MS :)

I've been reserching LCD's for 8 months now, and i've learned all about the response time; lower is better. Especially if you dont want to take it back to NEC for warranty :(

8ms vs 2ms... the human eye can't really catch the difference.

Same with 600:1 vs 700:1.

Bigger screens are sweet with video. Widescreens are totally awesome for movies... my daughter's laptop is a 17" widescreen, and it is soooooo sweet.

talldude123 said:
i've learned all about the response time; lower is better.

Yeah lower is better but like Trotter said the human eye can't really tell the difference,Plus you said 8ms won't handle game's like a 2ms which is kind of true,An 8ms is perfectly alright for gaming it's just when you get into 12ms and higher that you will start to notice the difference and see ghosting and all that ;)

I have a 16ms monitor and i dont see any ghosting in BF2 :)

Just go with the cheaper 19" LCD :D Any of those monitors would do great.

LG L2000C hands down. It can be a little pricy, but it is well worth it.

same thing...

i'm in the same situation only i've narrowed it down to 2 samsung lcd's, but they're too similar i don't know which one would be better...

940BF - 4ms, doesn't appear to have a height adjustable stand, $299 but $245 after rebate and currently newegg has it with free shipping...

940Be - 8ms, height adjustable stand, $260 before rebate

i don't play too many games on pc so i'm not really worried about the response time, i do edit a lot of video and color correction in photoshop so i would prefer good picture quality. not sure if they sacrificed any color quality by speeding up the response time, i just can't decide which monitor is better... if it wasn't for the rebate and free shipping on the BF i'd just get the Be...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom