Huge Wireless connectivity drop d-link DI-754 802.11a

Status
Not open for further replies.

DePurpereWolf

Beta member
My Di-754 D-link router has been acting up lately.

The wireless connectivity has dropped significantly. Where I used to have very good connection, I now have bad to very bad. And we're talking about 3 feet here. I've two laptops, one in the room with the router, 4 feet away, and the other in another room, 7 feet away including wall.

I can set up an ad-hoc network from one laptop to the other, which has 'good' connection.

I can connect to the internet without a problem, I can plug in the utp-cable from router to laptop, and everything is nice and dandy. My VOIP is working fine too.

It is just really only the wireless part of the router.

Now, I have to be honest, at one point I mistakenly put my dc-power supply from my VOIP (at 5V) into my D-link DI-754 router and vice versa. This had the result that the voip box was not working, while the router had loss of connectivity (but was essentially still working) I found out about my error and plugged it in the right way. The VOIP box is working fine now, but the wireless router still has bad coverage.

I have installed a new firmware on the router, with no effect. I have tried a crash reboot, but I am unable to upload the file, there is no data transfer still after 30 minutes.

So, now come the questions.
1. Could I have crashed the wireless router by plugging the wrong adapter (same voltage though) in?
2. Do these symptoms suggest this?
3. Can a crash recovery firmware flash help?
4. What can I do to fix it.
5. Or should I toss it..... and get a new one?

Thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom