Huge problem!!! NEED HELP! i made a new computer and it wont start!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Major Wang

Beta member
Ok guys, im new here....i hope you can help me out with this. Grab a cold drink because this may take a while to explain. i need more than my brain thinking about this problem.

Ok i just finished building a computer from scratch and it will not turn on. here are the specs:

-500w ATX powersupply
-Asus A7N8X motherboard
-Athlon processor (1.8ghz)
-Sapphire Radeon 9600 Atlantis 256mb graphics card
-3 harddrives (13gb maxtor, 80gb maxtor and 120gb WD)
-floppy
-samsung 48x16x48x CDRW
-512 mb CAS2 DDR RAM

ok. thats that. keep in mind 2 of the 3 harddrives are blank so i decided to keep it all simple by booting the computer off of a blank harddrive (singe the HD with stuff on it wouldnt be compatible with the hardware yet...it hsa Win98 on it and outdated drivers). So i turn it on and the screen is blank and there are no warning beeps coming from the motherboard. All of the hardware is new (or it was) and yet it doesnt work! does anyone have any troubleshooting suggestions or even has anyone had some of the same expeirence? PLEASE SHARE!!! I NEED THIS WORKING!!! thanks!

-Matt

by booting the computer off of a blank harddrive

Install an operating system to operate it.Like Windows and boot off it.
oops

Hi Major Wang,
Goto your manual and double check your aux plugs schematics to make sure they are all plugged in correctly. Make sure your memory & Video Card are tightly in. Give the info MicroBell asked and should be able to pin point something.
Kind Regards,

Hey guys thanks for the suggestions...as it turns out, there were audible alerts programmed into the motherboard and they play over the speaker TELLING you whats wrong...well i didnt have any speakers plugged in. the motherboard verbally told me that the system failed the memory check. i fiddled around with the RAM and apparently that did the trick! system working great! thanks for teh help anyway!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom