HP deskjet printing web pages enormous

Status
Not open for further replies.

antimatterjunkie

Beta member
Hi I am a new user here, and don't quite know where to ask this, so apologies if its in the wrong place.

I am fairly computer literate but am no expert, and am no longer as windows savvy as I used to be having switched to OS X, so I've reached an impasse on this problem. My mom's computer is my old XP machine from late 2005 still running in great condition. She bought an HP Deskjet D4260 printer a year ago and it has performed alright... or as well as an HP product could.
Recently, it has been printing web pages gigantically, splitting them onto multiple pages to fit the huge width it decides to make them (usually 2 pages but sometimes 3) and I haven't been able to completely figure out why it does.

It prints the text slightly bigger but within a normal size and it creates a ton of space between the text and pictures or on the sides, the space isn't just dead space usually. On pages that have an image on the background, the printer scales that image gigantic too so it takes up the 2-page width, yet the texts are fairly normal. I poked around firefox and found the print zoom setting was set to 200% so i set it back to 100% which partly solved the problem, but it still tries to print on multiple pages, cutting off about a 2-3 cm sliver of the right side of the page.

She just bought a car after the old 17 year old one finally died for good, so buying a new printer isn't an option (unless someone wants to donate to our shriveling bank accounts) and this still works fine with word documents and .pdf's and such. This computer is rarely used so it hasn't been a horrible issue, but its frustrating when it acts up... even when you tell it to "print selection". When problems come up, I try to help but I live 6 hours away and I can't always walk my mom through computer problems over the phone when she is not very computer literate.

I was hoping someone might know how to make this HP printer not suck, assuming that is even possible given that its an HP.
Thanks
-antimatterjunkie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom