how to update bios

Status
Not open for further replies.
There will be a indepth guide from the motherboard manufacturer, with details of what you type in.

But in general it is, create a bootable floppy disk, execute the bios to the disk. Restart the pc, going into the BIOS setting the floppy drive as first boot, put the floppy disk in and save and exit. The pc will boot from the disk, and will go to dos, here you will have to type something in/follow instructions from the manual that you should pront off. The pc will restart, go into BIOS and then turn the PC off. Clear CMOS and start the PC up and put the settings to what they were (may be a good idea to set the date in the BIOS.)

yeah thats basicly what you need to do and its best to use drdos bootdisk for bios updating http://www.abitfaq.it/Files/drdflash.exe its a clean boot disk without drivers , you dont need to clear the cmos just load optimized/performance/turbo defaults , you can probably find a software on the mobo manufacturer site or the mobo cd that can update it from windows however its safer to update it from dos , if you dont have a floppy drive or a floppy disk then provide the mobo model and ill make you a bootable iso with the bios & update tool & batch file to get it started , anyway when updating the bios you shouldnt do anything until it finishes even if the monitor will go blank for a few moments or if youll hear some weird beeps dont panic its normal

Be careful, when I updated the BIOS on my old PC it completely screwed it over, and I got the update from the manufacturer site. I must have done something wrong in the BIOS flashing process :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom