How are these Upgrades?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenshodo

Solid State Member
the ram I already have is just 1 512 stick. i have 2 extra slots so I figured I should just install a dual 512 because tha seemed most efficiant

I like seagate because its realiable and fast.

I need that second hardrive because of something stupid i did.

When i was building my computer for the first time,i intended to put in the 120 gig as master and a 10 gig as a slave just for the hell of it. (Nothe the hard drive was about 7 or so years old)

I accidently masterd the ten gig and slaved the 1 20 :p

After I built it my friend did all the bios and Xp stuff for me. When i started using my computer I noticed that it was slow and found out that my hard drives were backward. However being as naive as i was i ignored it thinking it would be okay. So after 50 gigs of stuff downloaded Im finally deciding to format and swap.

I was just stupid

well using 2x512mb in dual channel is probably the most efficient way to run memory. i still say WD though lol. they are fast and reliable. just for laughs i dug up an old pc mag of mine, well a couple of years old anyway. it had reviews of a stack of hdd's and WD had the fastest by 37% and the next fastest was also a WD. sorry i can't be more helpful about the graphics card

If you already have 1 stick of 512 memory, just get another single stick of 512, not the 2x256 you linked to.

The video card you linked to is PCI-e, just a hunch, but since you are currently running a 9600, I am guessing you do not have PCI-e on your mobo, you most likely have AGP. If that is the case, you will need an AGP gfx card, and I would suggest the 6800GT over to 800xl.

The hd is fine.

Ya, if your going agp, the 6800GT is def a better value. For around 270 dollars, you can get better performance in most of the games out there. The 800XL costs 300+ for AGP, and performs worse than the 6800GT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom