How si this memory

Status
Not open for further replies.
MicroBell said:
Should be fine...as long as your motherboard is not an Nforce2 board.

Hey Microbell, can you enlighten me on what would happen if it is a nForce 2 board?

MicroBell said:
Should be fine...as long as your motherboard is not an Nforce2 board.

Why can't it be an Nforce 2 board? here is the stuff I am looking to get:
Amd Athlon Xp 3200 (undecided)
Corsair 512mb ddr400 pc3200(x2) or that Kingston memory which is cheaper :)
Asus a7n8x-e deluxe (will this work with the kingston memory)
Seagate 120-160gb HD sata 7200rpm
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 platinum
Radeon 9800 Pro 128mb (maybe 256mb .. undecided)
Lite on cdrw drive 52x32x52
Lite on 16x dvd drive

My other question is... how worth it is it to buy the 256mb radeon 9800 pro over the 128mb? What games actually use this? Will doom 3 and half-life 2? How long will it be until games fully start using this? I am not a hardcore gamer or anything, but I want it to run great

MicroBell said:
The nforce series boards based on the nvidia chipset are very picky about the type/make and quality of ram used on them. I've seen many many posts about the Kingston (Value) ram causeing many issues like random shutdowns, failed boots, unstable system...ect on nforce boards regardless of who the manufacture is.

Basicly on these boards (I have one) cheap ram=stability issues so you need quality ram. Kingston value ram...is not it. There HyperX though...works well as it's timings are tighter. I would also suggest a 400watt PSU or better for any nforce board running an AMD XP cpu...as these boards are power hungry.

Right now.....no game uses the full 128MB...but that could change later. Doom3 may be close...but I can't remember the minimum system requirments (think it was 128MB)..but I'm not sure. Halflife2 won't be that high.

Ok now for a processor... how much difference is there from an athlon xp 3000 and 3200? Also how about from a xp 3200 to a 64 3000? How long before the 64 is going to be in use? If it is not for awhile I could always upgrade. Thanks!

About the original topic of this thread, don't get Kinston ValueRAM. Get the HyperX version. Its more expensive, but well worth the extra money. Second, go for the Athlon 64 3200+ Clawhammer. Yes, 64-bit OS is not available, but A64s perform way better than AXPs, because of the 1600MHz FSB. The Clawhammer is also great because it features 1MB of L2 cache. In about a year or so, when XP64 hits, you will want 64-bit.

beedubaya said:
About the original topic of this thread, don't get Kinston ValueRAM. Get the HyperX version. Its more expensive, but well worth the extra money. Second, go for the Athlon 64 3200+ Clawhammer. Yes, 64-bit OS is not available, but A64s perform way better than AXPs, because of the 1600MHz FSB. The Clawhammer is also great because it features 1MB of L2 cache. In about a year or so, when XP64 hits, you will want 64-bit.

Well how is athlon 64 3000+?

beedubaya said:
Just be sure to get a Clawhammer core version. Its only $60 more for the 3200+, though.
Ok thanks... but will this motherboard work with the 64 bit processors Asus a7n8x-e deluxe? Also for the memory is there much difference between kingston hyperx and corsair xms?and when i searched for kingston hyperx on ebay a lot of them were pc3500 will that work with that mobo and is it much different then 3200? And do you guys think 1gb is really necessary and if i was to either spend money on a 256mb graphics card or 1gb of ram instead of 512 which would be better for gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom