How Is This Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadeth2

Daemon Poster
I will order right after Christmas. How is my setup? It will be used for playing games like Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004, Need For Speed Underground/Underground 2, The Sims 2, The Sims, and online RPGs like Conquer. It will be used heavily for animation, web design, photoediting, and hosting a web site. The computer games come second as they are not that important. How is my setup?

DFI 855GME-MGF
Intel Pentium M 725
Infineon 2 x 256 MB DDR333 DC
Generic 52x CD-ROM Drive
Lite-On 8x DVD-RW
Maxtor 60 GB HDD
Western Digital 80 GB HDD
On-Board Sound
On-Board Gigabit LAN
Powmax 702 Matrix
450 Watt PSU Stock
Generic Floppy Drive
Abit R9550-Guru (Radeon 9550)

I personally do not recommend Maxtor drives as I have seen MANY of them go bad. At least 15 went out in a classroom last year, plus I've had a couple of friends have problems with them in Dell computers. That's just my opinion of maxtor - take it for whatever it's worth :)

Well, I'm stripping stuff from my old machine. That is where the memory is coming from and the hard drives also. This will be an extreme overclocker. The PM 725 runs at 1.6 GHz w/ unlocked multiplier.

the pentium M's are monsters... and seem to me to be much more like an AMD than any intel... if i ever bought intel it'd be this processor family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom