How long does your computer take to boot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dario03

Fully Optimized
How long does you computer take to boot up? How long did it take when you first got/built it? And what are your system specs.

The one I just built for my uncle takes about 40 seconds which is about 10 seconds faster than I thought it would.

Chaintech 7NJL6 motherboard
AmdXP 2900 barton 512kb cache 400fsb cpu
1gig (2*512mb) TwinMos ram
Geforce Mx 440 64mb graphics card
Seagate 250gb sata 8mb cache

About a minute, with avg, battery backup, spysweeper, rivatuner and nvidia as only running programs at start up.

With a:

1.8 Intel 400mhz FSB 478
768MB PC2700 RAM

I load up in about 20 secs, dunno how, but it does it pretty fast.

Currently it takes 26 seconds (just counted), from pushing the button to desktop, but when I first build it with only windows installed it was probably ~15 seconds, my specs are listed in my sig

Minute at least
It's a 3400+ with 2x 512 meg PC3200 ram Dual channel, Asus A8V

Windows boots fast, it's just the damned motherboard. And the fact I have a 2mb cache hard drive

And one minuite, is when it actually decides to boot

Couple minutes for a dell? rofl

My backup computer takes nearly 3 minutes because its old and has crap, and my main computer thats still down because newegg sat on there ass when shipping my package takes usualy 45 seconds.

Home: Don't know I usually have to wander back upstairs to get my headphones and it is done by the time I get back. (finally have some real speakers on the way so I can ditch these crappy Packard Bell $2 speakers)

Work: 1min to 2hrs depending upon my ability to enter my password before someone bothers me with something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom