how to free up space on C hardrive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

milk

Solid State Member
Hey, I have a problem, my computer keeps tellign me i'm running very low on disk space, and that i need to free up a lot of space on my C drive ( i have some 542 MB left), I have gone into Add and Remove, and have deleted a lot of stuff ( some that I even still use, but thought i needed to delete it to free up space), but it still says i'm low. I want to install this game (americas army) but it wont let me because it says i have no disk space left. I'm doing disk clean up, but i don't think that will be enough. I have about 20 GB in music on my computer, but I don't know where all of the other 18 GB are coming from? There are also a lot of things in my Add Remove file that say like " Windows XP HotFix - KB72281220" or something like that, and have random numbers. What are they? Do I need them? Please help!

Disable hibernation through the control panel, that file takes up about 500MB of space...I also suggest disabling system restore as IMO it isn't useful and takes up a huge amount of disk space

Most (if not, all) hotfixes are from Microsoft and you'll be better off leaving them on your computer (as far as i know).

Search, too. I'm sure there's a bunch of info on freeing up hard drive space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom