How effectve can this be to cooldown my PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

softhunder

Baseband Member
How effective can this be to cooldown my PC?

Hi.

I have been reading alot about the cooling methods and devices lately and then i just got an idea which i wanna share.

I cant post pictures so i ll try to explain in text. My case has two fans, side and back. Side fan pushes in and ack pushes out . Now i live in a part of Sweden where temp outside in summers is less tehn 20 and in winters its below 0 degrees so i was just thinking if i can attach a pipe from my side panel fan to the window so that it can suck air from outside and blow it into the case . I can just open the windows of my room and the room will be freezing cold but then i cant stay in there so i ll just make a whole in the wall and put the pipe in there and i ll find some way to connect it.

I wanna know you people view on this. How efeective this idea can be when the fan is pulling air which is 0 to 10 degrees cold.

one problem is you may get extra dust and humidity inside ur pc. what if it is raining????

Thanxx for that link to the other forum. And about the rain and humidity , I have a Balkony outside my window and my pc is quite close to the window Rain is nt the problem for the area outside the window is covered. Dust i think is more in the room than outside and Humidity i dont know much but i think its not gonna be that much and i can see if its that much humidity outside then i can pull out the pipe.

yea the air outside has a much higher moisture content than inside. it may be possible to get some form of filter or something. the lasy thing you want is lots of water vapour condensing inside ur machine... eek

I thought they were called dehumidifiers :p Does filter paper hold moisture?

When the air from outside enters your case, it will become warmer, so can hold more moisture. Don't know how much.

Jeez Trifid i can't believe you found that old post of mine :p It would be alot better for you just to get a good aftermarket heatsink and fan,I started having nothing but problem's from doing that,Me and the boy's were throwing around alot of idea's and nothing would really work,It all boil's down to one thing and one thing only moisture,Since your bringing in cool air and placing it in with hot part's there is a huge chance of condensation and that's not good,Just spend a little money for a good heatsink and you won't have to jepordize losing your computer to a stupid mistake ;)

Super cool air going right into a case thats nearly twice as warm.... Not very good.... My AC unit blows right into my case from the back and side, the window fogs up, but thats about the only thing that gets wet lol.

AC temps: 40F
Case temps: 80F

After i put the case beside it temps drop 20F but still not worth it lol.............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom