How do I make my video card work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bass60068

Beta member
A few months ago I bought a 64 Mb video card. I tried plugging it into my PCI slot, and then plugged the monitor into the card, However when my computer turned on, I would get nothing on my monitor. I originally have integrated video, which I read in my owners manual I might have to turn off to make the card work. Is that the problem, and how would I go about doing that?

you need to try disabling your integrated video in BIOS, and make sure you've loaded the drivers for your 64 MB card

when the pc is booting up (before the start of windows) press the delete key several times in some cases it will be an f2 key or something of that nature if you look at the bottom of the screen it wil usually tell you when it is starting to boot,alot of motherboards like dell motherboards for instance will only take certain kinds of cards,you should find out what kind of board you have and go to their website and see what they say about adding the pci card,and also in alot of cases you have to manually disable the onboard video by setting a jumper on your motherboard,hope this helped you some good luck ,oh forgot in some cases a motherboard bios update may be required but be ware as to a bad flash is a dead motherboard,in alot of cases

i had the same problem.

for me, i went to the hardware profile in windows and disabled the integrated driver. It's best to try to uninstall, but i couldn't so i went with disabling it. after restarting the pc, plug the PCI card in and then turn on the computer.

if not, then i dunno what to do. lol

when booting up, you can usually click "Del" or "Esc" or whatever to get into bios. It should display how to get into bios or setup when booting. Usually at the bottom of the screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom