how come more available ram after playing a game than after a fresh boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaksback

Fully Optimized
After I do a fresh boot I have about about 350mb available ram, then after I play a game (colin mcrae ralley 04 or painkiller) it'll show that I have about 405mb ram available. Why is this....

jaknlisa619 said:
After I do a fresh boot I have about about 350mb available ram, then after I play a game (colin mcrae ralley 04 or painkiller) it'll show that I have about 405mb ram available. Why is this....

I've noticed the same thing happening to my ram, i hate it because all of my programs run extremely slow because most of the availible ram is freed up.
Does anyone know why this happens ?:(

So the game can run its fastest, it seems logical that background stuff such as Windows, etc, is moved to the paging file, freeing up RAM for the game.

maybe the game is taking up more and more RAM, and Windows is taking space from other programs to use in the more active program (Colin Mcrae rally 04) and when you exit, the programs are still using the same space in RAM as if you had the game using more of the RAM, and maybe those programs don't actually need all the RAM that they use when it starts up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom