How to change Partition on a removable device

Status
Not open for further replies.

cs_mat3

Beta member
Hello there!

I just wanted to post my experience about Removable devices. Lately, a friend of my has discovered that most of the memory sticks (Like MMC, Memory Stick DUO e.t.c) inserted into mobiles are made with a standard of 1GB capacity and they resize it to spesific partition of 128,256,512 and 1GB. Why is that? because the cost of production is much cheaper to make many 1 gigas and then resize their partition. It's really clever because it is nearly impossible for an over-average user of computers to manage to edit it's logical capabilities. We managed to resize a SanDisk Memory Stick PRO Duo from 512mb to 1GB by simply deleting the partition from the Removable Storage (Control Panel->Administrative Tools->System Management) and then create it with the new size. There is a problem though.... We managed to do it ONCE. We weren't able to do the same trick on other sticks, and don't know why. Partition Magic and Paragon Partition Manager are not supporting Removable Media!

ANYONE with AN IDEA or comment what to do???

Attachments

• satan_inside.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 28
i dont think i have satan in my comp :p

well if u were only able to do it with one brand it sounds more like a software side built in than the actual hardware. something is stopping u from getting to those partitions.

We tried to resize the same card again but it also faild so i believe the brand doesn't matters... anyway, thanks 4 your share

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom