How blown away will I be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hovertime

Baseband Member
When I get my new computer soon, How amazed will I be with the graphics and gameplay? Here is what I do:

Only play on Consoles (PS2,PS1)
Play old PC games (The Sims, GTA2, Half life 1 on lowest settings)

I will play new computer games on MAX like FEAR and half life 2 with my new computer.

Now the odd question is: How much will I be blown away? Rate it from 1 to 100.

$202 for AMD CPU 3000+ (socket 939)
$114 for Corsair Value Select Dual Channel 1024MB PC3200 DDR 400MHz Memory ( 2 x 512MB ) (DDR SDRAM DIMM)
$67 For Ultra / V-Series / 500-Watt / ATX / 120mm Fan / 20/24-Pin / SATA Ready / Power Supply
$259 For Geforce 6800 GS eVGA video card
$157 For Asus A8N-E nForce4 Socket 939 ATX Motherboard / Audio / PCI Express / Gigabit LAN / USB 2.0 / Serial ATA / RAID

TOTAL is $799 Canadian

This was posted in another topic that died.

well unless u are overclocking i dont know if u will be able to play FEAR at MAX settings, but u should get pretty close. anyother game u should be able to though. anyways, YES u will be BLOWN AWaY!!
100 POINTS!!!!

will h4x 4 food said:
well unless u are overclocking i dont know if u will be able to play FEAR at MAX settings, but u should get pretty close. anyother game u should be able to though. anyways, YES u will be BLOWN AWaY!!
100 POINTS!!!!
Yes I know I can't get great Frames on MAX settings with FEAR but overall. 100 points seems too high. Maybe that score could be given to someone who only plays Atari 2600 for all his life and then goes to FEAR right away!! Now that gets 100 points of being blown away!

looks like a good system, you should get a 3200+ though but if your on a really strict budget then just forget I said that.

Well you should be extremely blown away for the first month or so, finding the bludgest things amazing as I did when I got my computer. on the scale of how blown away you should be i'll give you an 84, just make sure nothing stuffs up or that will put you down to 50.

be sure to install everything you need, first like drivers and direct x if it hasn't already been done to avoid compatability issues which might take away some of your excitement.

filocardhustler said:
be sure to install everything you need, first like drivers and direct x if it hasn't already been done to avoid compatability issues which might take away some of your excitement.
Oh ok. I will do that for sure. On a side note, who knows what the fastest PC racing game is?

what do u mean by fastest? but i have need for speed most wanted. awesome game. oh and if you play laot on consoles get one of those logitech dual action game pads for your comp. its much better than using your keyboard ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom