Hey, what the heck is an AGP Express Slot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pv1yang

Solid State Member
I'm planning to buy the ECS 915P-A which has an PCI-E x16 slot and...an AGP express slot? Can someone tell me what this is and what kinds of video cards or other peripherals it would support? Thanks for any help you can muster.

Firstly don't get that motherboard. The better mobo companies are DFI, MSI, Abit, ASUS and GIGABYTE (last two now so much.)

For your question, that motherboard supports AGP graphics cards and PCI express g. cards.

Thanks for your help. I guess I could spend like an extra five or six dollars (on Pricewatch.com) for an MSI motherboard of the same caliber.

so you don't have to throw away your current AGP immediately, can save up and get a PCI-E without having to get yet another mobo and can have the benefits of socket 939 nf4 board obviously

I wish I knew that when I got my motherboard... so in the future I wouldn't have to find a whole NEW motherboard for PCI-Express slots... oh well, by the time I want to upgrade my 6800 GT for something better and into the PCI-Express range, I'm sure I'll have plenty of time and money to do that... I should get what... at least a year or two out of it still?

where is your proof 9? it all depends if I think there is no cheaper or one that costs more. some are more some are less. AGP is now 1-2 years is PCI IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom