Helpp

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocky

Solid State Member
Hey everyone, I have a serious problem with my custom computer. All the sudden, when I turn it on, it shuts off. I don't know why this is happening, but I have a few ideas. I left my computer on all night the other day and the next morning it was off. Then when I went to turn it on, it would shut off in about a minute. My CPU has been running hot as of late, around 60 degrees while gaming. However I have a liquid cooling system. so I wasn't too worried about that. It might be that I fried my cpu, or a contact on the motherboard, which I am not hoping for. All I really want to find out is what the problem is. I know it is literally impossible for anyone who reads this to find out exactly, but I am just curious as to what your opinions might be.
Also, my monitors have been bugging out as of late. When I turn my computer on, I have to reset it a few times for my monitors to kick in. I re-installed my video card to see if that would help. but it didn't. Any help would on any of this, primarly my computer shutting off, would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Specs:
3.0 Pentium 4 Proccesor (OC to about 3.6)
2 gb DDR2 memory (Dual Channel)
Two HDD's one 40 gig one 200 gig
Asus P5AD2-E PREMIUM mobo
Nvidia GeForce 6800 GT Video Card
Liquid Cooling system with two radiators

When I set it down to 3.0, it was idle around 45 or so, but when I game, like before, it was around 65.

yea sounds like u fried the processor. i heard of these things hapening before, no matter how much cooling u have, it is still possible to over current the processor and short somethin. i sounds like somethin little, but u might wanna run a system health program to be on the safe side and do it fast because if it is the processor, u dont wanna ruin the mobo.

Run a system health? I've never heard of that before, does my computer have to be on to do that? Like I said, it shuts off every 30 seconds once it's on.

try resetting the cmos to clear out the overclock. if that doesn't work. get a new proccesor. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom