Help Whats Wrong Mother Board Or Hard Drive!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrzeeedler

Daemon Poster
This is my friends computer its a sony vaio 2.6 ghz hyper threading 512mb ddr 120 gb hardrive. when ever he would do frankly nothing at all the computer would make a noise like it was shutting down then the computer would freeze and then come up with a blue screen(BSOD) I wanted to know if it was his mother board or his hard drive!!!:mad:

I can only think that the ‘clunk’ is the PSU relay, and I often get the BSOD when the CPU undervolts during an Overclock. Do you have a spare PSU you can throw in it to check it?

nah i dont think its a psu because it doesnt seem to have a problem with power. What it is a sony vaio into the raidmax case mid tower with 420 watt psu. Im not sure what it might be. I was thinking maybe a motherboard issue or something but im not sure i might just try and reboot again and see if that does it for it or not.
thanks,
kevin

if its a blue screen error which says like a dynamic link and vxd and that sort of error....make sure every single piece of hardware is secured in perfect manner...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom