Help targeting problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super_MO

Solid State Member
Hey guy's I do'nt really know what catagory this falls under but...

I recently bought a dvd-rw drive and installed it as the only drive on my computer. I was having trouble with this prior to installation but it seemed to make it worse. My computer will shut off and every so often will just restart. It seems to do this only when i'm working on it. A few times it has brought up a missing/corrupted file system/config something and i'm forced to reinstall windows. I've tryed every different configuration with my cd/dvd drives and found no help. I've replace the serial cord from the mb to teh dvd drive also. I'm not really sure where to go next. I wonder if i have a stick of ram going bad or if my hard drive is going bad. also i have not flashed my bios in some time... cause i honestly havn't a clue how to do that. Anyway I'm a gamer and i can't seem to get it figured out. any help would be thankful. I'll check it consistantly so i will answer any questions u have for me.

How is your temperatures?

A system specs list would probably help.

And make sure to include your PSU with it's current ratings.

SYSTEM SPECS>> Trying to find my MB stuff.
AMD 2000+ Processor
Sony 16x DVD-RW DRU-720A
ATI raedon 9550 256mb
1 gig ram, pc133 :-(
80 gig hd Maxtor 6L080L4

As far as my temps are concerned i'm not to sure how to go about that although now that u say that it could be a heat sink related problem. MY power supply is not new been in for i'd say 6 months and no problems and i've been running 2 cd drives/now only the one dvd drive.

also somthing i just noticed... When it shut's down i have to unplg the power supply 4 out of 5 times change the switch on the back push th epower button and change it bakc replug in and it turns back on

but then shut's down again when i go into game

ok dude i have no clue...I'd take it out of teh computer to check it but i can't right now. unless u know of a way to check that with it still in there. other than that i really can't tell you. I'm not very knowldge depth in computers but if i had to guess it's at pleast a 250 and probably a 300... i dunno i'll try and find it

there should be a sticker on the back, give me the number of AMPS by the +12v sections

probably something like '15A'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom