Status
Not open for further replies.

spark775

Beta member
I'm about to get a new computer, the possible configuration is:

Athlon FX-53

Corsair XMS Pro: (2x512)

7200 RPM HDD w/ 8mb buffer

and here's the question: what video card should i get?....

Its between a 9800Pro 256mb
OR
a 9800XT 256mb

Is it worth the extra money for the XT... i know it has a built in overclocking function but will any games in the near future be lacking quality if i get the 9800Pro as opposed to the XT.....

And also, will a 9800pro keep up with my processor and RAM?

THanks for the help

Yeah, I think that XT is better than Pro, but I'm gettin Pro only because of money shortage.

Well the XT is better then the Pro, BUT alittle more then the price of the XT you could get a X800 Pro that will squash both of em;) :p

just like Northwood is stil better than Prescott in Intel, same goes to ATi, and far most the best card coming out of the ATi series is 9800XT, go for it. in case you couldnt find the 9800XT, do not buy 9800PRO (256), as its slower than 980PRO 128MB version.

if you're gonna try for the x800pro, IMHO, i would just get a 6800gt . . . IMHO, the only x800 worth it is the XT

my friend recently got an X800 Pro, it's bloody awesome and he has no problem playing any game at all
he flashed its BIOS to that of the XT and unlocked the 4 extra pipelines from 12 to 16 (pro=12 and XT=16) however it was unstable and he flashed it back to his original BIOS, although when he did, it still had the 16 pipelines, and now performs better than the pro's are normally, even at the stock frequencies, it's almost as good as the XT

on the CPU, the benchmarks show very little difference at all between the 3800+ and the FX-53
my advice is to save your money and buy the 3800+ instead

with the RAM, the fastest Corsair RAM is the PC3200XL with the really low latencies of 2-2-2-5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom