Help me decide!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
how are you gonna get 3ghz clock speeds? these are for athlon xps and durons!

only cpus that can go over 3ghz are intels

Well, first off, start becoming aware of what you're buying and what you have. Things are changing so quickly these days its a good idea to know what you got. As far as size goes they always tell you what the size is. In most cases its an ATX Form motherboard. Thats what the K7N2-Delta is so you need to look up your motherboard manufacturer and go find out the specs to see if it also is ATX Form factor then yes it will fit in the same case. If your current board is Micro-ATX and the case fits snug around that, then No your case won't fit the MSI K7N2-Delta. I also have an MSI motherboard and its great. I personally think MSI is a good motherboard manufacturer.

Here is a manufacturers link to the board you're looking at:
http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p_spec.asp?model=K7N2_Delta-L&class=mb

You can have the gig of RAM you wanted with this motherboard. But make sure you look at the info they have in red at that link. Its very important. You can't get 3GHz cause the best XP chip you can get is the XP 3200+ just has a higher FSB at 2.2GHz. Good luck to ya

There's a lot of crap and politics surrounding the power of Intels.

Still, Kold is right. The board you've selected is for AMD processors, and the highest XP that'll fit that board will only run at 2.2Ghz standard (non-oc). That'll be comparable to a P4 3.2Ghz processor, though.

You need to do a LOT more research, though. The more advanced the technology, the faster you want to get, the more complicated things can get. The new chips aren't like the old chips, nor do they just run on any old board with any old RAM.

Lastly, if you're going for that MSI delta board, and want to stick with AMD, I'd point you instead to the K7N2 Delta 2 Platinum, which is newer, better, and priced the same as the one you listed, on NewEgg.com.

Go to the Intel Manufacturer site and see if the board says its ATX Form Factor. Gotta do a little legwork yourself if you want to be able to purchase computer stuff in the future and know what you're doing

Not a problem =) Glad I'm even able to help. Technology changes so damn fast these days and I'm only 20 years old =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom