Status
Not open for further replies.

cheerios

Banned
I have managed to scrap together SGD2k dollars or around USD1.2k

Help build my computer here by posting, Ill decide later

Thanx!
Have fun virtually building my com :p

I know, You're a Pentium person. :) Just thought i would bug you a little.
Anyway, good luck with the build.
What are you planning to do with your new computer? Games, word processing, video editing, ect...?

Hmm Im going mainly for games...

btw if i were to go for a AMD, wads ur suggestion within my budget?

in my opinion, don't worry about the processor so much. If you're looking for a good gaming experiance then buy some good RAM, and a good video card.

My AMD 2500+ is obviously not the best processor out there but i can still play any game i want because i have some great RAM and an awesome video card. I would like to add that my processor is unlocked so i tried the overclocking thing and it worked but i only saw some minor gains in per formance. (about 10 frames per second in one game. Thats going from ~75FPS to 85FPS.)

My suggestion for a processor would still be the 2500+. $80 US, you can't beat that. You would still have $1120 left to buy RAM, Video card, Case, ect. :)

hmm, btw, can u teach me all about the AMD? I have a vague idea of it, wad is a barton? and im sure there are many other cores out there... hmm, wad are they? which is better? which is for gaming or wad?

cheerios said:
hmm, btw, can u teach me all about the AMD? I have a vague idea of it, wad is a barton? and im sure there are many other cores out there... hmm, wad are they? which is better? which is for gaming or wad?

Barton is AMD's latest core for the Athlon Xp series, one other core is called Thoroughbred. You be best advised to stay with a Barton core, and since your on a budget I'd go with either a 2500+ or perhaps a 2800+:confused:

I used to have a 2700+ with my Radeon 9800 Pro and it ran quite comparably with my P4, so you won't because sacrificing a whole lot, maybe 10 or 15 fps, but its pretty good for the savings;)

good savings huh? btw wad do the numbers 2500 or 2700 mean?

does it stand for 2.5ghz and 2.7ghz?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom