Hello people - osu info? (noobie question maybe)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dakta

In Runtime
I contacted you all about 2 months ago reguarding my psu kept blowing out, and i took your advice and spent a little more money on one and a circuit overload protector, since then my pc has run fine fine fine, a little hotter and sounds like concorde but its fine.

Just a general question, on my new psu theres a connector i do not recognise, its like an ide power lead socket on the back of the psu, its black and u cans ee it in the picture http://www.antec.com/images/400/true380.jpg anyone know whats its for?

Not incredibly important but id like to know so that i can know my pc inside out.

muahahaha lol seriously, it might be a socket to jam my finger into on a morning so i can spike my hair without need for gel...any other ideas?

dunno, but just for the fun of it, i'm gonna guess it either has no purpose or is for SATA

hmmm maybe i should hotwire it to the lan cable and see what happens....

I always wondered if thatd melt the wires, blow the other pc's up or somethink. i doubt it, shud be summat for clarkson to explore

I just relised I have that on my psu too.

could it be for using 2 psu's so both turn on at the same time?

certainly possible, synchronising psu's? thats a new one. Id ahte to be the one to test the theory (bang bang bang)

I think it is for external SATA hard drives. Some motherboards are now coming out with external SATA connectors, so I think that that power connector has something to do with that.

but it is a standard molex one.

If and only if, I was rich enough, I would like to have a go to see, while standing very clocse to the plug just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom