Heat Pipe Experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShoobieRat

Fully Optimized
Anyone had experience with that new heat-pipe stuff? I see a lot of chip coolers, drive coolers, and vcard coolers using heat-pipes, and I wondered how good they actually were.

Those fanless heat-pipe HDD/Vcard/RAM/Chipset coolers would be sweet to have if they worked well. Nice silent boxes.

u know if your box has proper ventalation and your not pushing anything beyond its limits, the only things that need cooling are your CPU and Vid card.

i dont have any heatpipe cooler yet, but conserning a CPU heatpipe heatsink, thy obviousely work better.

It's always good to cool your chipset, even if you just slap on a fanless heatsink.

Your drives are the real issue outside of vcards and CPUs. Burners get hOt, and a stack of hard drives will put out a lot of heat. Not as much as a CPU, but certainly enough to raise the internal temp of the case as well as lower the life of the drives themselves.

You can even put heatsink blocks and fans on your RAM to protect it from the heat buildup produced by overclocking.

Some vid-card mf's are providing heat-pipe heatsinks for their cards (such as eVGA's 6800gt).

Some vid-card mf's are providing heat-pipe heatsinks for their cards (such as eVGA's 6800gt).
then that should answer your question. It obviously works efficient enough for them to use it on these powerhouse of cards eh? Any article I've read about them has gotten nothing but good reviews and it's generally only the more expensive heatsinks that I see with the heatpipes so I'm sure they probably do assist quite a bit in heat dissipation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom