HDTV or computer monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StrBarryTree

Beta member
I am interested in purchasing a new HDTV and monitor for my computer. My question is, should I get a TV and use it as a monitor or a monitor and use it as a TV. The TV I'm looking at is 720p 32" LCD, and the monitor is 1080p 26" LCD with a built in TV tuner. (Here are links for the 2, TV and Monitor )

The computer I will be using with this has I believe a Palit 9600GT Sonic with HDMI output. I intend the monitor to be used for gaming, being able to read the text is a big issue, I have read that that is a problem with using a TV as a monitor. Would this still be a problem on a 32" 720p HDTV connected through HDMI? I am really torn between the 2 as I would like a 32" TV but also want to have it be crisp and clear like I know the monitor would provide. All help is appreciated, Thank you.

Would you be willing to buy a $150 graphivd card, to play at that resolution? Those are both high res, and you might want to get an updated graphics card to play games, well.

I would get a 22 in samsung, if I were you, because it's have the price, and still looks VERY good. Vizio isn't a good brand, and the Samsung 26" is overpriced, so can you deal with 22 in? It will stil be a descent size, but if you want to watch TV, get a 52" HDTV, it's AWESOME. You can connect games, and your computer. I would recommend the 5 series LN52A550 Samsung HDTV, it's like $1500, if you look for it.

Not sure what your saying about the graphics card, I am buying my friends box for $500 and thats the card its got in it. Addressing your other statement, 22" is too small lol, and 52" is way too big and I don't have that much money, ~$500 is what I plan on spending on a TV/Monitor.

Alright, then I would recommend getting a 32 in., but not from Vizio, from like Sharp, Sony, or Samsung, because those are very dependable names. They're usually like $700, but, if you find a sale, it'll like around your price range. For the graphics card, if you really want to play games on a higher resolution, you need a better graphics card, a 9600GT is ok, but you might not get what you want, I recommend a Sapphire 4850 (Blue one with 512MB)

You can build your own computer for $500, that's probably way better.

Ill look into other brands but I really cant go over like $500 lol. I think the graphics card should work for what I need it to. Basically the only game I play is WoW, and its not a very demanding game, I don't plan on playing Crisis or anything like that really.

lol, alright, but please stay in the good brands line, and don't listen to the people who work at the store, because they usually lie to you about how "awesome" the TV is, when it's not. Believe I saw some guy saying Madasgascar for Xbox is a really good game for $50, when it's obviously not..

lol I know, thats why I try to read a lot of customer reviews online and stuff and use forums like this one lol.

Yeah, newegg is good for computer stuff, so yeah.

And there's this one forum all about HDTV's, but I forget what it's called, just google something up, you'll have a better time on another forum for TV's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom