HD cord for desktop to multichannel-TV?

CJxShoTz

Baseband Member
Why is it that I can not use my HDMI cord to connect my desktop to the HDMI section of my monitor? When I connect them the picture is low quality and is a larger resolution than my screen. I've looked for drivers and programs to download to make it work, but I hardly find anything on the topic. Thanks for any help

You need the correct drivers if the optimal resolutions for the monitor/tv are unavailable.

What's the model of your motherboard or separate graphics card (whichever one has the HDMI connection)?

You need the correct drivers if the optimal resolutions for the monitor/tv are unavailable.

What's the model of your motherboard or separate graphics card (whichever one has the HDMI connection)?

Mobo is a Gigabyte z87-d3hp, and the graphics card is a Raedon 7870. I plug into the GPU.

I already have the catalyst drivers for my GPU, not sure about the rest in the package, but control panel says my drivers are up to date.
Never trust what "control panel" says, as far as drivers are concerned.
If you haven't installed the drivers from AMD's website, I would highly suggest doing so, even the catalyst control center is useful.

Never trust what "control panel" says, as far as drivers are concerned.
If you haven't installed the drivers from AMD's website, I would highly suggest doing so, even the catalyst control center is useful.

I physically compared the driver number in control panel to the website, and I have the CCC, so I think that I did DL that package... HDMI still doesn't work well.

Back
Top Bottom