Hardware problem?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keoua

Beta member
Hardware problem?!
i think i am having a hardware problem i have recently been upgrading my pc.
i have installed a new 256 MB radeon graphics card AGP and got rid of the on board graphics..

i have also replaced my 512MB pc2100 RAM for a 1GB pc3200 RAM

i have a micro star industries motherboard which was with my computer when i bought it around 6 years ago..

my main problem is that ever since ive upgraded no matter if i re install windows or not the problem keeps coming back

right to my problem!

my computer can either:

1. restart after the windows xp screen has appeared.
2. when windows has loaded and after a short period of time the programs i am running like msn and mozilla firefox encounter errors and are forced to close a short while after this it says windows has encounted an error and then a few minutes later it will randomly restart.

after the restart my pc most likely restarts after the windows xp screen
and it takes me a good 10 restarts to be able to get into my pc again

my pc seems to work one day and not another!!

any one with any suggestions please reply to this thread or if you would like to ask me any question which would make it easier for you to answer mine dont hesitate to ask!

Thanks!

could be anumber of things, these problems started after all your upgrades? could be your ps does not have sufficient power to handle the new video card, or could be bad ram possibly too.

I suggest you go back to your original setup that you know worked. Can you put your original Ram back in and graphics card. That way you will know if its a fault on your mobo or whatever. Then upgrade the Ram first, see if that works, and then if thats ok try the graphics card. It may be as said before, your old card is not compatible with your new hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom