Hardrive

Status
Not open for further replies.

-=fazed=-

Solid State Member
Hey, I got a problem with my hardrive. On my old computer I had a 60 gig hardrive with a couple partitions. I had a dual boot between Linux Suse I believe and WinXp. Then I took the hardrive and put it in my new computer and only 6gig is available. Is that because the other 54 gig is partitioned in Linux? Or did I possibly damage the hardrive when installing it?

Yes it is because linux is using 54 gig.

Search here or on google how to format hard drives, so you can get your full size.

DOS/Windows cannot read a Linux partition (atleast mine can't). If you want the space back, you'll have to go into Linux and get rid of it. That, or format the entire thing.

I'm having problems formatting the hd. Its only formatting the 6 gigs. I've tried going into linux (knoppix) and it says my hd isn't mounted, when I try to mount it it says "I couldn't find the system file type", when I use the terminal program to mount it it tells me only the root can do that. I've tried a couple partition programs that are supposed to read both NTFS and Linux but it still only reads the 6 gigs.:mad:
I also tried writing zeros to the drive but it still is only reading a 6 gig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom