Harddrive

Status
Not open for further replies.

blazeboy84

Baseband Member
My friend gave me his broken harddrive \, i had nothing to do so i opened it and toke out the two discs inside. I was wondering if it is poisonous or hazardous. Or have any effect that is not good like laser.

o god nooooo!!! the radiation will kill you!!

just kidding, there is nothing in there that will hurt you...unless you cut your finger on somthing lol

lol. some hard drive disks are made of glass(or shadder like glass). so be carefull were you put the disks..... :p I saw it on TSS a while ago...

lerch said:
lol. some hard drive disks are made of glass(or shadder like glass). so be carefull were you put the disks..... :p I saw it on TSS a while ago...

Hard drives are made of a metallic type of metal (Okay, lets start this over again).

hard drives are made of metal, all the time, everytime. Only metal has the attribute known as "magnetism" needed for magnetic saving of information.

I've torn apart about 10-15 hard drives, and none have them have shattered. In fact, most of them I've been able to bend the plate about, just like any metal. I'll see if I can get a picture up (it was on my PDA, but I discharged the batteries for storage. cant remember if its on my SD card or not).

Oh, and some ceramics have magnetic qualities... but they arnt used in hard drives. They shatter like glass sometimes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom