Hard ware help !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

O-Jay

Solid State Member
I dont know if this is the correct forum, please let me know if it is

Hi, I need help urgently, i have just built my own pc and have tried to boot it up, but after attempting to boot it up it shuts down after glimpsing the main start up screen?

Any suggestions would be very helpful as i have a brand new pc and cant do anything with it :(

thanks, :)

adam

Im sorry about the double posting, wont happen again. Im just eager to get some help so I can use the damn thing, have you got any ideas?

thanks, and sorry again
adam

Need more specifics.

Did you install the OS yet? What OS?

Is there an error message on the screen or audible beeps?

Can you get to the BIOS of your motherboard and is
everything setup properly? Can you see the components
listed correctly? Is your motherboard recognizing everything?

Have you checked ALL your cables, power, etc to make sure
everyone is connected properly?

It is sometimes good to bootup to minimul system with only
the components that are needed to start the OS. Once
everything is working properly you can add a device or 2
at a time.

This takes a little longer but it makes troubleshooting a whole
lot easier.

I shall go through you questions in the order asked:

No I have not installed the OS, it would be windows XP Pro, although I cant even hit the delete button on start up to acces the bios.

There is no message on screen except one time it stayed on long enough to say "IDE check" and then listed my CD-Drive, which is my only IDE device, as my HDD's are SATA. It beeps once.

I cannot get to the bios, and the only way i can guess that my motherboard is reconizing the components is that the fans on them are spinning (e.g. the fan on the gfx card)

To the best of my knowledge every cable is connected properly, there is one fan connection on the mainboard though which I am not using, in my motherboard manual it is labbelled "pwr_fan1".

Can you think of any reasons? thanks adam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom