Hard Drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khan

Beta member
This may just be a flight of fancy on my part but does a program exist that can detect bad sectors on a hard drive and then quarantine them so that a) files currently on them are moved to undamaged sectors, and b) no files are written to them in the future?

yeah i would agree with that. if you are getting unusually high amount of bad sectors or bad sectors keep appearing that is probably a sign of emminent hard disk failure.

HDD Regenerator

I have been recently reading about HDD regenerator. I tried a trial version and it repaired one of the bad sectors, but that is where the trial version ends. It is a relatively cheap program to buy, but I work in a non-profit organization :confused: so I have to justify every single penny that is spent. Whilst this program sounds like a good idea I am a little concerned that after purchasing the full version it will be unable to repair all the bad sectors, therefore proving to be a waste of money. If anyone has experience in using this or any other program? I have about 40 desktops that are about 4 years old and whilst not concerned about salvaging the data, I don't have the budget to replace the HDD

Just a shot in the dark. If you do a windows scandisk with the thorough option selected, I believe it will do what you are asking. I may be wrong and apologize if I am, but it wouldn't hurt to try. That is, if you are using a windows system...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom