Hard drive Ultra DMA problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanA1980

Beta member
AHHHH! I'm going nuts trying to figure this one out. My motherboard is ATA-133 compatible and my hard drive can go as high as ATA-100. But Windows says it is running at ATA-66. I have a Via chipset and a Western Digital 80 Gig hard drive. I know it's not the end of the world, but it's really frustrating. any help or thoughts would be appreciated.
thanks,
ryan

Do you have the manual for the board? Maybe you've got a jumper? What board are you using??

also make sure you have the right end of the cable plugged in to the motherboard. (Alot of cable manufacturers make the end of the cable blue that plugs into the motherboard.)

i don't think it matters which end is plugged in. I've plugged it in backwards before and it still worked

what i meant was that i physically plugged the IDE cable in backwards. this is how it should be:

HDD--||===||==========||--mobo

i plugged it in backwards like this:

mobo--||===||==========||--HDD

this was when i first started learning about computers. i don't know what the hell, but it still worked Dave. my computer was a 1Ghz athlon, the mobo was...umm, brown with KT in the modelname, i can't remeber it was so old. its still being used my my sister at her Uni.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom