256 mb ddr 400
CD RW
DVD ROM
Floppy
Seagate 80 gig SATA
WD 20 gig EIDE

Im trying to run windows xp on the sata drive,
I have installed xp via bootable disk, but when attempting to load xp
an error message says "windows was stopped from loading to prevent damage to your system" and then following an error number with lots of zeroes and threes. I have plugged the SATA drive into another computer and was able to format, partition and add and use files from it. So theres a 70% chance its not the hardrive itself

Any ideas guys?
AIM = Rockjay420

did your motherboard come with a floppy with drivers on it? I experienced this problem one time and the thing was that you have to load the RAID drivers from the mobo into XP as it sets up. To do this get the floppy that came with your mobo, as the setup loads, it weill say press f6 to load raid drivers. do that, wait til everything loads, then it will eventually ask if the ones on the floppy are correct

from what i know, some motherboards/other devices require you create certain settings and use different bootdiscs before putting an OS. read through your motherboard manual and see what it says about "the first time you boot" or whatever

bro reset your bios its not the hd at least it doesn't seem to be. use the motherboard cd to make a floppy for the sata driver

when trying load the sata driver in the xp installation, it wont copy the files over from the floppy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom