Hard drive half full??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawnlh

Solid State Member
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone, I need some help please. I just built a new 'puter and it seems something is up. I'll start by listing what I have here:

Asus A8N-E mobo
Seagate 250 gb SATA HD 8mb cache
AMD Athlon 4000+ cpu
OCZ 512 x 2 ram
Asus Nvidia 6600 silencer 256 mb vid card
Lite-on DVD burner and dvd rom
ect. ect.
I'm running XP Pro and have just basic software, drivers, and windows updates installed, everything seems to run smooth and fast.

My question is, when I check the properties on the hard drive (the little pie chart) it says that I'm using 110 gigs??? How is this even possible?? I don't think there is any way I can be using that much space with just the basics installed.
Does anybody know what's up?? Please advise.

Usually when I get surprised as to how much space is being taken up on my hard drives, I just trace it to where all of the space is being used up.

For example, if my C: drive is fuller than I thought, I open the C: drive and check the properties of each folder to see how much space each is taking up. I keep doing this until I find which folder is huge. I've found junk from DVD convertors before that was taking up like 20GB of space.

And, yes that is peculiar that it says you are using 110GB on a fresh install. I would do the above, and let us know what you find.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom