hard drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

swanster

Baseband Member
well, I'm hree quaters of the way to building the best gaming pc I possibly can and I am stuck on parts again. I have been hearing that putting your operationg system on one hard drive such as a 36gb raptor will give you performance increases, is this true?

many thanks
Carl

yes, you're better off putting the OS on its own drive & running all appliations on different drives(the 300 giggers). another performance tip would be to move your paging file (if you use one) to another drive other than your OS.

for even better performance, use both 300GB drives as a RAID 0 stipe set (use disk manager in windows if your BIOS doesn't support this) for your applications.

good luck

the only os to use is ms dos without question. anything with windows will cause a virus to bend your gigabytes and the tracking system will go down. i have a pc2 system with a vhs config and the modem runs at 4.2 pco and that runs fine but check your valve fuse behind the chip stick and if that has connected to the ini files press F2 and the connection will be sucsessful aand you are away. solitare will run at full speed with this spec but only if the dlls support the maroons

lmao, is MichaelStanding back ??

Duh man, its so obvious!

and to answer ur Q, yes.. puttin ur OS on a raptor will show noticable performance

oh and sick comp btw... if i was still a full gamer i woulda spent more on mine but I'm tryin to get into uni atm :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom